Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 02:11 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
He's a pure center, Lindholm does play some wing though, and I wonder if you're thinking of Drouin's situation for Barkov (was a center before moving to wing to play with Mac). Barkov reminds me of Thornton out there, or Couturier as well actually.

I agree though that the Avs would probably go with a CHL player over Barkov/Lindholm. Certainly over Nichushkin who I agree with Seph is a top 5 player in this draft.

I'm not a huge fan of Monahan but I would be happy to take him if we end up picking 7-9.
No, I was thinking of Barkov. For some reason I thought he was one of those guys that had played center, but also a lot of wing, and was better suited for that. I'll defer to your judgement though as you seem more confident than I am in that regard so you're probably right.

In regard to your last sentence, I think that's potentially a perfect storm. That's where ISS ranks him right now, he's not gonna be showcasing himself in the playoffs, and the Avs very well could be picking in that range.

That's kind of why I feel like he's the most likely guy we end up with, unless Drouin slips too. I'm not quite as impressed with Monahan as I was Couturier though, so that gives me a slight concern. It's not a strong feeling by any means, but there's a little something missing between the two if you're looking at solid all around players with the potential to have a dynamic offensive element in the NHL. I'm very mildly concerned with that offense translating in a way like Coutuier where you can tell he's got that dynamic element in his back pocket if he needs it, or is given a chance. It's obviously really hard to peg guys like that though.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 02-27-2013 at 02:19 AM.