View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints11 View Post
As much as Stempniak fits the Shero mold..ie he's an American, I'm not sure his lack of physicality would be what we need. I'm thinking he might just be a smaller version of Seto. Would love to get Iggy, but I think this week will tell a lot. If BB shows he can handle the additional minutes during this road trip, then possibly the need might be to acquire a single forward, like Iggy. However, if things don't pan out, then we might need to get two forwards, which may limit our cap capability to secure Iggy plus 1. If Beau plays well, then it may be a forward and a bigger experienced crease cleaner, like Murray.
There's a big difference between the two. One is a consistent 20g+ guy. The other is very very inconsistent. A couple 25g seasons and multiple <15g seasons. I'll take Seto long before him. The main difference will be the cost to acquire them.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."