View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:50 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Solid 2C's I think we COULD get for a package centered around Gags:
ROR, M.Richards, Zajac, Couturier, Pavelski, Backstrom (a 1b - add Ebs and get a winger back).

It's going to be hard to pry a good 2C from these teams because of the premium the place upon the position (most important forward position aside from 1C). The only exception is ROR - and if I were the Oilers I'd be very aggressive in trying to acquire him.

1) I'd threaten COL with an offer-sheet if they don't do ROR-for-Gags straight-up, and if that doesn't fly for them I'd throw them the offer-sheet and fore-go the 1st + 3rd for ROR at 4.5x3yrs. Trade Gags+ for a 1RW to play with ROR, trade Eberle+ for a top-pairing defenseman, and trade Hemsky for a 1st rounder. Sign a Clowe-type in the off-season, and you have the following. The +'s I mention are guys like MPS, Hartikainen, Smyth, and Petrell - guys whose contributions can easily be replaced with off-season UFA signings and waiver pickups (Higgins, Lapierre, Dupuis, etc). Add a Horcoff buy-out:

Clowe-RNH-Yakupov
Hall-ROR-(1RW - B. Ryan?)
Higgins-Lapierre-Jones
Eager-Belanger-Petrell

ROR-Lapierre will make us much more difficult to play against.

And keep in mind you have a top-pairing defenseman from the Eberle trade - someone like Bogosian, Mcdonaugh, Staal, Girardi:

McDonaugh-J.Schultz
Smid-Petry (elevated offensive role for Petry with secondary minutes)
Klefbom-N.Schultz
Fistric

Not bad.