View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 03:18 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So excited about Fasth. Now that it's not a reach that we miss the playoffs, will there be time for him to play in the regular season? Whenever I think of him I think about where Datsyuk and Zetterberg were draft (granted the circumstances seem to be different and Fasth will likely never be that good).
What is interesting and a bit amazing is that both these Swedish players (Zettereberg & Fasth - although Datsyuk was also picked by HA) were chosen by 2 guys from the same suburb (Tumba) outside Stockholm in Sweden. I know both these scouts very well (Andersson & Rockström) since 35 years. There is an interesting story here. Funny guys...
Someday I might tell you guys about the 1989 NHL Entry Draft when my father - who was then working with the Washington Capitals organization - and how they totally went against his recommendations on picking a certain Swede and a Russian and how they then conveniently dropped to a young guy in his first year as an NHL scout - then a rookie in the business.
Talk about a Decca Records/Beatles moment, whenever the name David Poile is mentioned around my father, the old mans eyes still go black and smoke with flames of fury...