View Single Post
02-27-2013, 05:32 AM
vCash: 500
80% precent of Hfboards NA posters haven't seen Barkov playing FEL game or even any game. 80% of european posters haven't seen MacKinnon playing QMJHL game. Waste of time.

If Barkov was at AHL putting nearly PPG at age of 17 being the best two-way player of that league and competing for AHL MVP award. There would be big buzz in the NA. Barkov is doing that in FEL which is better league in my eyes. Barkov could be very well league MVP but i doubt it because he has lost many games because of WJC. But last time when there was a poll Barkov was 2nd in that poll. Most of NA posters doesen't even know how special season Barkov has had this season. He has put highest point totals ever for draft eligible in top european league, Barkov is the best two-way player in the FEL. If skating is only issue for him he would be heck of a player in the future. He is 6'3 and 210ish and isn't 18 till 6 months. But when you watch how his skating has developed in a year, and how he has alot of potential to be better skater. Barkov was an great skater when he was younger but he wen't from 5'11 and about 170lbs to 6'2 and 205 lbs in a year it hurts anyones skating. Let him grow his leg muscles and get used to his large frame and it is matter of time that Barkov is good to great skater(not elite like MacKinnon). Alot of scouts ranks his skating as good for his type of game, size and age. It will never be an issue for Barkov. Most of Hfboards posters seem to forget that these guys are still very young and still developing. I see alot of working ground and potential in Barkov's skating.

Last edited by thomast: 02-27-2013 at 05:37 AM.
thomast is offline   Reply With Quote