View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 06:59 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
His points are slightly better, but like I said that's not what defines Ekblad's game. I actually like Koekkoek, but what is he, a career minus 400? He also has trouble staying healthy - this is the second career ending injury he's had in two years.

That's an exageration by the way. I don't need you to go researching to discover that he's actually a career minus 60. I realize that he played on a crap team, but minus 60? Your castoff Trojanovic has managed a -24 since he joined the Petes (roughly the same period of time) and was even a +1 in his first season (27 games) with them. This year Slater was a - 26 with the Petes (the worst of all Petes D) while Devlin was a +10 and Trojanovic a -10.

The biggest addition to the 15 win Colts from 2010-2011 who improved to win 40 in 11-12 was a 15/16 year old Aaron Ekblad. By Memorial Cup time next year he'll be 18. Look out.

P.S. - Tampa's defence is pretty bad you know. They feature the likes of Keith Aulie and Brian Lee in their top six on a regular basis. Might be they figure they could use Slater next year...at least for the 10 game tryout...
Koekkeok was picked in the 1st rd for a resaon,high minus figures on a bad team
is misleading,Connor Brown was a -71 last yr does it make him a bad player,no he was picked in the draft,and last i looked was a -10,does that mean he all of a sudden became a defensive gem
Koekkoek in the 2 games he played was a +2 here in Windsor and was outstanding,his presence was noticeable,his steady play helped guys like Bateman,in Peterborough he was playing top 3 minutes,and top 2 minutes when he was only 17 years,Trojanovic did not have that the ice time ,important ice time,so big difference,same with Devlin
Dont get mesmerized by plus/minus very subjective and situational
As for Tbay my guess his last 2 years he has not played enough because of injury,unless he stands out he will play the full year here

hockeylegend11 is offline   Reply With Quote