View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Ya, you set off a semi-**** storm. That's alright, you are not high on the Americans. I'm not high on the Russians. But with regards to your question on who to drop, drop Perry and Richards. I really don't think you should give any consideration to who did what with whom at the Olympics 4 years ago or who scored 50 goals in the NHL season in 2010-11. Who are the best players playing in December 2013 when the team is picked? Some consideration I guess for Richards-Towes and Nash but be it only a fraction of what needs to be considered. At this point in time, I say no to Richards.
Thought I share your sentiments about Perry, I don't see him being dropped. There was a large push if I remember correctly last time around to guarantee him a roster spot. Since then his NHL play has only improved. This is the fundamental question that Canada is having right now. How much turnover to expect or to deal out this time around?

Ideally what we really are going to see is like you said, who's playing next December and how well you are playing then. One could argue that if I player is playing above their current level at that point, they are just vying for a spot. That's not a negative thing but I have to wonder if that plays into the thought process at all.