View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 07:31 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
What I really don't like about Torts is the lack of any offensive system beyond dump and chase. I can understand most of his personal decisions (ok maybe not Bickel over Eminger, but else) including benching Kreider (who simply needs to be better) as Torts apparently wants him in the AHL anyway. I also think he has really helped our defensemen becoming as good as they are. A guy like Girardi really is flourishing under him.

But the offense is just an abdomination. It really hurts watching other team's third or fourth lines making tape to tape passes and gaining the offensive zone with ease, while even our best lines can only dump and chase. Grinding alone simply isn't enough with the personnel we have. Other teams can gain the zone with a passing game and there is no reason why we couldn't. There really needs a change of that aspect, which includes the PP. Be it a new assistant coach or if it has to be a new head coach. Otherwise this team will go nowhere. Last year was as far as that offensive system can go and probably further than it should've gone.