View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenkel View Post
I'm stunned to see so many people here praising for Perry to come this summer. Seems like this season we're playing above expectations is lightning a bit much of fire.

Don't forget that we're still in a rebuilding phase. This is why Bergevin was brought with so many player personnal (Lapointe, Brisebois, Dudley...). this is why we're compeling so many draft picks to raise a core groupe of young players to grow together and reach their prime together. Add to that some gritty veterans la Moen, Prust, Gorges and you have our plan for future.

I truly hope for Pleky to be traded in a faire deal in which we'd welcome a prospect and a draft pick.

And Bergevin would be a god to me if he'd trade Ryder at the deadline of a 2nd round pick.

So guys, you can always hope for it, we'll never ever sign a 28yo Corey Perry this summer for 6M+ a year!
We were in a rebuilding "phase" last year. If you think MB moves Ryder or Plerkanec before the deadline you are dreaming in colour.

I agree on Perry, if he hits the UFA market, his cap hit wiull end up above 7 mil, probably front loaded over 7 years. 52-55 mil over 7 years(10 10 8 8 8 6 5).