View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendAtBernies View Post
Of course he's not going anywhere unless he really wants to. I could've told you that several years ago when he got that full NMC put into his contract.

That whole article was pretty much stating the obvious but the writer is trying to act like it's a revelation and that Briere said he's not interested in a trade. I'm not a fan of Seravalli, he always overstates quotes and construes them to mean something totally different than intended.

In that article, Briere said he doesn't want to comment, that trades aren't his responsibility, and that his heart is in Philly. That's pretty much what every player in the history of the NHL says when asked about a potential move from a team they've been with for a good deal of time. Nowhere does he say he'll veto any trade or that he's not interested in a potentially better situation.

Much ado about nothing IMO.
Forsberg said the exact same things. The only player I know who completely shut down any trade was Matt Sundin. Every other had teams or at least one team they were willing to go to. From all accounts Briere is a classy guy. I think if the Flyers came to him to wave his NMC, he would agree.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote