View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:53 AM
PensFan68

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wingers View Post
Well teams have started making moves, hopefully Shero is doing something.

I'm still annoyed with Shero after a disastrous offseason. He could have salvaged it by signing Semin. I know he isn't your typical Shero/Bylsma player since he has skill and not a grinder.

Now we are going to trade assets to acquire a player like Setoguchi who isn't half the player Semin is. Or whatever mediocre players whose names have been thrown out on these threads.

The winger problem should have been addressed this summer.
If Malkin wasn't a penguin and a free agent do you think Shero would even offer him a contract since he isn't a grinder and is russian?
While I completely agree we should have a winger, Shero took a risk. He put all his eggs in one basket, and Parise ended up choosing to go elsewhere. After that, I don't think he wanted Semin, and he didn't seem to want to take a risk on someone like Wolski/Mueller either. Maybe a trade should've been made, but I guess he wanted to go though some of the season maybe to up player value (having Despres play to get some NHL minutes), or he thought we'd be ok. Who knows, but I don't really fault him for going all out on Parise.