Uber Coca

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Over their career so far the average season for each player:

Perry..........30 goals........67 points
Ryder.........25 goals.........51 points
Cole...........22 goals........45 points

I have a question for the posters who are claiming that Bergevin made this trade for cap space.

Which player is the best bang for your buck?

Perry at 7.5 - 8 million
Ryder at 4 million (let's say we sign Ryder next year)
Cole at 4.5 million

If you're assembling a national team yes I can see going after the best player for the role and position. But if you're plugging together a NHL team in a cap league Perry doesn't look like such a great deal.

I understand you don't evaluate a player solely on his stats.. But is Perry really worth twice the money that Ryder is?

The Rangers should be a lesson to the rest of the league with their 3 ridiculous big contracts (Nash, Richards, Gaborik)
An average of 30 goals over 7 seasons of play is pretty good in the NHL. Add the fact that he's 6'3'', and you've got one of the best wingers in the league.

Also, Perry is going to get this kind of money anyway by an other team. I personnaly wouldn't mind overpaying for him and build a solid core of Perry, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Subban and Price.

Again, my very personnal dream would be Iginla. I know he's getting old and all, but remember that he doesn't get much help in Calgary in term of talent. He's what this team has lack for so long: a big, intimidating forward that scores.

MORE: Obviously this is all speculations, but with the way Bergevin has been clearing capspace you'd think he's well awared of the upcoming UFA's.