View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
I would worry about Jones. I'd still rather take a risk on Malone staying healthy. Jones has a big body, but really isn't all that physical. I could surely see him becoming the new whipping boy if TK was moved.
Yeah, I think Jones would be a whipping boy here.

I wouldn't take that contract unless Colorado ate some of the cap hit which I doubt they would do since they just signed him to that deal. Hard to imagine they'd change their mind about him being worth that contract so quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
I agree. I was pushing for Semin for the couple weeks (or whatever) after Parise went to the Wild. He may not be the physical winger we need, but he'd surely look great in our top 6.
I wanted him too and he's looked great in Carolina. He better be looking great out there since he's getting 7 million this year. I'm not sure he would have signed here even if we offered the same salary. I think it would have been a little awkward fit here given some of the history with our players and I highly doubt Ray Shero viewed him as a 7 million dollar player even on a one year deal.