View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Thought I share your sentiments about Perry, I don't see him being dropped. There was a large push if I remember correctly last time around to guarantee him a roster spot. Since then his NHL play has only improved. This is the fundamental question that Canada is having right now. How much turnover to expect or to deal out this time around?

Ideally what we really are going to see is like you said, who's playing next December and how well you are playing then. One could argue that if I player is playing above their current level at that point, they are just vying for a spot. That's not a negative thing but I have to wonder if that plays into the thought process at all.
I have my own personal philosophy and it often doesn't jive with what Hockey Canada has in mind. There's no way in hell (if I were the one making the decisions) Perry would be on the Sochi team. Zero chance, he is not a big ice player and he's liability defensively and he loves to rack up the penalty minutes. Plus I'm just not a big fan of one Mr. Perry. II'd have a 50% turnover from Olympics to Olympics and I'd always have the average age around or near 25. Thanks Perry for your 4 goals in Vancouver. Much appreciated. Now if there's a World Cup 3 years from now in Montreal and you are still a 40 goal scorer, then I'll you'll get consideration. but big ice in Europe. Forget it. Luckily for Perry and a few of the other vets, Hockey Canada doesn't think like I do. and Getzlaf I like even less than Perry.