View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:15 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The four highest point totals in CBJ history were on Howson's watch, including the playoff year.

The 65 points last year was the second-highest 30th-place total since 2000-01. The highest was 2007-08, when Tampa and Los Angeles both had 71 points.

Even if you include last year, the average of Howson's team point totals is higher than any season ever MacLean had at all.
Huh? Why are we here again? I would hope that a team in the second half of a decade (6 seasons actually in the first "half") offers improvement over the expansion team in the first half of a decade of their existence, especially after being handed 3 point games to increase overall point totals.

Keep in mind that during Howson tenure, the Jackets only exceeded the win total of the 2005/6 Jackets once (35 wins). We won 29 games in the 2002/3 season, so I guess we regressed back to a third year expansion team? Hell we won 28 games in our expansion year.

We consistently won 29-34 games under Howson during his tenure, with one season of actually winning 41 games. Let's just stop this now, those are horrible stats. I'm not sure you can use point totals to justify your position that Howson was a better GM than Dougie. You'll need more subjective measures. This year is trending to, prorated, our worst seasons ever I think. 54 points over an 80 game season. I think our previous low was 57 in 82.

Last edited by blahblah: 02-27-2013 at 08:37 AM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote