View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Montsy14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Gotta ride the hot hand.

Play Clemmer until he's had a string of a couple of bad games. It's only fair to give him the same shot we did Theo. Team is winning in front of him too.

In regards to Theo though, something very interesting. I actually think I saw you over on that thread too Erick....

There was a thread on the main NHL board here that isolated goalie stats to "save percentage on shots 15 feet out or closer". Theo was ranked #1 in the league with a .921 save % on those shots, however his overall save% for the season is sitting at a lowly .888 after last night. Before last night's game the thought crossed my mind that maybe Theo struggles with shots from far out. After his performance yesterday and seeing the goals he did give up, I think I may be onto something....

I think you are onto something. If you really think about it, Theo's positioning is always pretty darn good which might explain why he's good in tight (he's also significantly better than Clemm in the shootout), but when it comes to tracking pucks from far out, he seems to struggle.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote