Old
02-27-2013, 08:23 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
No doubt that Carolina has other issues that it is not just on the coach. I think Lavy is a good coach and his record dictates that. I also think that emotional, fire and brimstone guys have a short shelf life for hockey teams. I watch the Flyers and they look like a team that has tuned out their coach. I see teh getting outworked and a lot of mental mistakes, and not just the young guys which you can expect. Do I think the Flyers are talented enough to win the cup? NO. I do think though that they have more or equal talent as Toronto, Montreal, New Jersey, and the team that Ottawa is currently icing. All four of those teams are ahead of the Flyers and in the case of Toronto, Montreal, and New Jersey, have beat the the Flyers pretty convincingly. That is a sign of coaching IMO.
It's too small of a sample size to definitively say those teams are better than the Flyers. They all have coaches I wouldn't mind having (except Montreal), but I don't think most people (including teams' own fans) really think those teams are as good as they are. I don't doubt that we're near the end with Lavy. Frankly, I hope he does just well enough to get fired after the season so we can do a real coaching search.