View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:25 AM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
I would love to see Duchene, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, RNH and/or Eberle on a "Kid Line". On the big ice their speed and skill would be scary.
But, at the end of the day, we may not see any of them.
I would add Kane to that list as well. It would be a big mistake to leave all of those young guys off the team in my opinion, somewhat like the 2006 decision. Duchene, Kane, Hall and Seguin are all tremendously fast, offensively talented players. They have all looked good internationally, to varying degrees. Skinner, Hopkins and Eberle are all quite agile and have shown themselves to be quite capable on international ice. I will be shocked if none of them make the team, particularly with 14 forwards. I would rather take one of these guys for a strictly observational role than someone like Getzlaf who might chafe at being reduced to such a role.

Personally, I still expect Seguin to heat up this year and to make the team. Stanley Cup experience, chemistry with Bergeron, can easily play wing and was great for half a season in Europe. Hopkins and Skinner are the only ones listed above that I would guess have a limited chance to make the team, though Duchene would be much better off if he could prove that he had the ability to play wing.