View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 08:51 AM
GoCanes2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Us Caps fans have 469 games of Semin in a Caps uniform as proof of this long history of behavior. A long history of the guy playing like the best player in the NHL for a handful of games, then disappearing for 10 game stretches at times.

Another example is what a Canes fan said in this thread recently. That Semin was the first to the ring and spoke, in english, to the Canes TV crew. Now I have been a Caps fan for longer than Semin was on the Caps and I cannot remember once hearing him speak in English. Not saying it hasn't happened, but if I did hear it it lasted 2-3 sentences and I have since forgotten. And never mind him speaking during intermission.

Maybe if Semin were a little more engaging and accessible with Caps fans he wouldn't have gotten booed last night. But that was Semin while in DC. An enigma wrapped in a riddle. Never said ****, never let any fans get to know him, and that led to us fans judging him by his play on the ice. Which at times was all world, but mostly he disappeared without a trace.
So basically, that would be a "No." answer to my question about evidence? Instead of just fans feeling like a player isn't 'engaging' enough?