Secrets to saving on hockey accessories
View Single Post
02-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Join Date: Oct 2009
I buy used gear whenever the deals are there. Saves a heck of a lot more than a few bucks on accessories here and there. A couple that I can remember:
- shin pads for $35 that were retailing at the time for $100-120
- inline girdle and pants for $20 each, retail at the time for each was $60+ (pants were decently used, but the girdle was as good as can be)
- RBK inline skates for $150 that were retailing at the time for $400-450. They and the wheels were practically mint
- CCM ice skates for $40 that fit me very comfortably. Didn't even have to bake them and never had a blister. Just so comfy. They were a bit old but I looked up their cost and it was a couple hundred back in the day.
- ice pants for $5 at the rink pro shop (matches my team colors, too!)
...and I'm currently playing with an APX stick that I found broken in half, and had repaired with SRS stick repair for $30. Can't beat that and you can't even tell it's a repair.
Last edited by Ozz: 02-27-2013 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Ozz