View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:12 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
Yep they choose to pay PA Parenteau ,over this guy .But if you ask for him in a trade he is worth a franchise player type return
UFA vs RFA.

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of posters are either purposefully or accidentally not reading the previous posts on the idea that the Avs don't want to pay him what he wants, but wants a good return in a trade.

He's an RFA coming off of his ELC, in each of his 3 seasons he's shown continual improvement in all facets of his game, and of course he had a breakout year offensively last year. But again, we just had an unnecessary lockout that was largely because of money. The Avalanche don't want to be looked at as "inflating" RFA salaries coming off of ELC's. Whether I think it's fair or not (for the record I don't) but Matt Duchene's deal is playing into this.

The Avalanche have more or less said that they will not pay Ryan O'Reilly more than Matt Duchene at this time. Ryan O'Reilly doesn't want to go back to just being a 3rd Line Defensive forward, he can play a nice offensive game, he's got good instincts and just a great all around Hockey IQ.

But at the end of the day, you can't compare the Avs paying PA Parenteau 4m a year and the Avs' stance with ROR...again, UFA vs. RFA

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles