Thread: Salary Cap: Habs to reach Cap Heaven?
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Getzlaf is an elite distributer...not a goal scorer though. Not sure if he's really worth committing 6 million to.
He absolutely is worth that.

Not sure why Ellis is popping up in a few of these lineups. Clearly the guy furthest away from the NHL among the 4 legit D prospects in Hamilton.

Back on the cap topic, we're in a really good spot this summer to do something big and if not this summer, then next summer with Markov and Gionta expiring. The $ to re-sign Subban-Eller-Emelin-Diaz should come from those 2 deals expiring.

We can't go completely nuts though because Galchenyuk has to be re-signed in 2015 (cue the burning year of ELC debate ) and the next wave of expiring deals is in 2016 with Plekanec-Bourque-Moen-Prust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

But maybe not an actual 'superstar'. The more I think of it, the more I believe MB may NOT chase a premium UFA like Perry or Getzlaf. I can see him pursuing two less-expensive stars instead of one hugely expensive superstar. Might be easier to add two guys in the $4.5M range of Clarkson, MacArthur or Fillpula, than one guy in the $8M range. Plus it adds more depth in the forward lines.
No offence, but wow, I just nearly puked my breakfast. I wouldn't even give him 2 M, let alone 4.5 M. Total one-dimensional player.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote