Thread: Salary Cap: Habs to reach Cap Heaven?
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:43 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
Getzlaf is an elite distributer...not a goal scorer though. Not sure if he's really worth committing 6 million to.
He's there because of his chemistry with Perry but also he's a big body Centre that can match up with any NHL team. He's an elite puck distrbutor and an offensive threat. 6'4" 220lbs centre is nothing to sneeze at. I won't mention ROR as I doubt Bergy pays him what he's asking given what we just went through with PK.

Given the cap space we have and players we can deal, we could easily move up from the $6m I said and still fit themin under the cap.

As for the following years, Markov won't get another $5m+ deal and the cap should also rise in the next years following the drop next year. Add the number of rookies we have coming up that are cheap i.e. Tinordi, Beaulieu, Kristo, Collberg, Leblanc etc etc and we should be set for many years even by adding $14m in salaries.

If Tinordi can become that big, shut down defensman I think the Habs lack, all the better.

If we could have Getzlaf, Galchenyuk, Eller, Plex down the middle, I think we're laughing.

Add Perry, Patches, Bourque on the wings and you have some series meat coming at you on the offense zone and still defensively responsible.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote