View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
I think last season needs to be looked at in proper context. There were tons of problems with this team even going into the playoffs.

The Rangers had a bunch of 4 and 5 game win streaks early in the year. The last one ended on February 14. At that point, they were 37-13-5. In the remaining 27 games, one third of the season, the team basically played .500 hockey. 14-11-2. In the playoffs, they played .500 hockey. 10-10. This season, they've played .500 hockey. 8-8-2.

As far as I can tell, they've been on a 65 game slump after being on a 46 game hot streak last season. At some point, you definitely start wondering if the coach is even capable of getting the ship even close to where it was when they were hot. There are all sorts of factors going on this year. I'm not going to deny that the group has had challenges with injuries and with turnover. The difference is that I feel like last year's team, at least early on, would have responded positively to the adversity. That Tortorella would've been able to use the challenges to help the team gel. I don't get that feeling with this group.