View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Some flyer fans will thrash me for this, but I'd trade Coots for Shatty. It's really a no brainer in my eyes. Their potential are comparable but what makes Couturier SOMEWHAT expendable in my eyes is Schenn's emergence as the 2nd line center. I really don't want a Jordan Staal type situation in the upcoming years with all these centers ...

WE have Laughton coming up also, and while his potential clearly isn't as great as Couturier's, he'd bring exactly what Coots is bringing RIGHT NOW to our lineup.
I see your reasoning behind wanting to deal Couturier for Shattenkirk but the bolded just isn't true. You honestly think the Flyers could send out Scott Laughton every shift to match up with Malkin/Kovalchuk/Tavares/Stamkos and the rest of the top players in the east? I'm a fan of Laughton but it's a reach he will ever be in the same league defensively as Couturier.

As for Briere to St. Louis, I think it makes a lot of sense. As others have said though, a trade of Briere for Shattenkirk is unlikely. Shattenkirk just holds much higher value at this point in their careers and I'm not sure what Philly could add to Briere to get Shattenkirk to make it worth it. What type of player is Ian Cole? I see he was a 1st rounder in 2007 and has had sometime with the Blues. What is his value compared to Briere's?

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote