View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:15 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I discussed this before. I really feel bad for the kid. His development is going backwards.
I disagree with us not having a spot for him on our current D squad. We could have used an alternate system, with Bouillon or even Emelin being scratched.
And the very worst, we could have scratched Armstrong and dressed 7 Dman. At least we could have two actual defensive pairing on the PP that way with Markov-Diaz-PK-Weber. No need for Bouillon or Gorges to play on the PP where they absolutely suck.

I think keeping a young prospect that will be part of the NHL in the press box is just stupid.
I'm not saying he should have a regular spot. But there's no reason for him to just have played 1 game at this point.
Sucks for him because he's never complained, but like the OP said, Diaz and him have comparable styles, and Diaz is obviously a much better player. The only reason they would dress him would be because of injuries, or if the PP is struggling bad. Unfortunately for him, Kaberle would still get the nod over him in both cases. And if there are more prolonged injuries, I could see Tinordi or Beaulieu getting a shot first because they are the future.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote