View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Given that we have Pleks, Eller, Gally and Leblanc in the pipeline, do we really have the space to keep another undersized skilled centre?

Eller is showing he's taken his game to the next level and can perform at a higher level when given the opportunity. Galchenyuk has been a Godsent and shown he can play in the NHL, ready for prime time? probably not yet but can easily slot in the 2 or 3 spot. Plex has shown that given some consitent, talented wingers, he's a top 2 centreman and continues to be a beast in every situation.

Does keeping DD hinder Eller as Gomez was doing in the 2 previous years. Does he warrant a long term commitment from the Habs or would his money be spent better elswhere?

Personally, I'd see what we can get at the deadline or before the draft for DD and let the kids start taking a regular spot at centre where they play best.
DD is our only "undersized" center. Plekanec is about average sized(weight) for an NHL center.

I don't think it's conclusive one way or another if he is here long term. I could see scenarios where he stays and scenarios where he is moved. How he plays the next 2 months will no doubt be a factor.