View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
BenchedGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I doubt you see Meighan come out of the lineup. He's our best faceoff man and is usually on late in close games to take the draw. More than likely, we should see Alberga come in once in a while with Ming sitting out. That would give us two centermen on the 4th line.

Barring injury, Llewellyn likely won't see much time in the lineup once Faksa returns and the playoffs start. Spott seems to find reasons to get him out of the lineup once he finally gets in. He got an assist on Saturday yet came out on Sunday as Spott blamed him for a goal against. Upon further review, more than one guy could have gotten the puck out of the zone on the play but Llewellyn was made the goat on the post game show.

I also see Spott going to Alberga ahead of Llewellyn in the playoffs citing Alberga's experience and especially size when we play the more physical teams. Hard to argue that thinking. Llewellyn's time will come. I see him getting a ton of icetime next year.

Your reasoning for putting Pederson on the 3rd line make sense but MM crashes the net fine too. As I said though, no way Spott puts Pederson on the 4th line.
I dont really pay attention to faceoff stats, but if thats the case then I can see Meighan deserving going forward. Important to win that draw late in the game.

I still say you rotate Ming/Alberga/Llewellyn until the playoffs. I know what your saying about Spott using Alberga for experience but still would like to see Darby get some games to get that experience going forth and it would also be nice to see him get a game or two in the playoffs.

Also you will see Alberga/Llewellyn when Spott is making a point of sitting a player for not producing but I would think that would only happen to one of the third or fourth liners as he wouldnt send a message to a top 6 player.