View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
What worries me is that Holmgren is apparently on a shopping spree and that a deal involving the Flyers first is in talks. I've heard the obvious (Winnipeg), but I've also heard that he's talking with Phoenix, Buffalo and Washington as well. From what I've heard (and once again, all hearsay from a couple of scout friends), Phoenix is about Rundblad AND Gormley, Buffalo is Meyers and Washington is Carlson.
Wouldn't mind any of those deals. Obviously id like to draft a guy in this draft, considering I believe it will be one of the best drafts in recent history...

I really like Gormley. I think he can be a really well rounded top pairing quality defenseman in this league. I think Runblad has top their offensive capabilities but his overall game is lesser than that of gormleys. Myers has #1 defenseman talent, and I think people are writing him off too soon. Hes still really young, and I don't think buffalo trades him. Carlson is another guy similar to Runblad IMO. His defense isn't bad, but it's not what I desire in a potential #1. He's good, but I don't see him as being "the guy" type of player if you will. More of a #2/#3 guy.

Maybe homer really has no faith in the teams ability to groom a defenseman, but I really think it'd be wise to draft a guy like nurse, pulock, ristolainen etc, rather than trade for a defenseman who still isn't even what we need at this point in their development. We might as well go for grooming our own.

What I wouldn't mind doing though, is trading something like Laughton and a 2nd for Runblad and keep our first and draft either another defenseman or a winger like mantha.