View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 10:51 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
DD is our only "undersized" center. Plekanec is about average sized(weight) for an NHL center.

I don't think it's conclusive one way or another if he is here long term. I could see scenarios where he stays and scenarios where he is moved. How he plays the next 2 months will no doubt be a factor.
Nothing is cut in stone at this moment. I do think going forward that have bigger, skilled centres is more advantageous than smaller ones in the current NHL.

I'd say Plex, Chucky and Eller as our top 3 looks better than Plex, DD, Eller imo.

I guess the point I'm trying to make more than anything else is that Eventually, Galchenyuk and Eller will counted on as primary centres on this team. Plex is far superior than DD and as such he doesn't fall into a spot in the near term future. As such, why not trade him now while he's afforable and we can get something significant in return, if possible. If not, I'm more than happy with the current situation and his role in the line up right now. I was thinking more in the next couple of years assuming Galchenyuk and Eller continue to progress.