Thread: Paul Martin
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 10:56 AM
MurphyDump

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutCracker View Post
Absolutely terrible and penguins should bench him/trade him for pucks. That everyone said last season. I admit I was one of these and couldn't stand watching him play.

Now he's done complete turn around on his game and has been absolute force out there. Doesn't do mistakes (I honestly can't remember him doing a SINGLE mistake all season), is 2nd in D-men scoring and is actually shooting the puck. Check the goal last night, incredible.

His hockey IQ, skating and puck-moving skills have been also tremendous, even last season.

IF he continues like this all season he has to be up there in Norris-discussion.

Discuss.

While I agree his improvement has been amazing, to say you can't remember him making a SINGLE mistake this season leads me to believe you need to watch more.

He still makes mistakes, the difference being that they're not as bad as last year, and a lot less are leading to goals against. He got absolutely burnt and cakewalked by Tangradi, he weakly turned a puck over on his backhand in the offensive zone, leading to a goal against.

There's still mistakes, but they're a LOT less frequent, and a lot less costly. Anytime he's on his backhand, you're bound to see a turnover of some sort. It might be the worst backhand in the league.

His game this year has impressed the heck out of me however, and if he can keep it up, it's going to help this team a lot come playoff time.

MurphyDump is offline   Reply With Quote