View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 10:57 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
When did Setoguchi become consistent? There's a reason this guy gets bounced up and down the lineup from line to line, from center to center. There's little consistency in his game. In fact, I would say Stempniak is the more consistent player since the latter moved away from Toronto (Phx and Cgy). Not suggesting we should target Stempniak because I'm not (unless or until we get rid of Kennedy, because Stempniak is a third-line RW), but I don't see how he is anymore inconsistent than Setoguchi is.

As for Letang, be CAREFUL what you wish for if you want him gone. I love how everybody is now drinking the Paul Martin-Brooks Orpik Kool-Aid this season. Yeah, they've done the job as the shutdown pairing. We're just as undisciplined and scatter-brained in the defensive zone this season, though. No, it's not their fault per se. But take away Letang's 24 minutes a night, and you will NOT be improving this team's defensive structure...you'd simply be trading away your best defenseman.

As Tender pointed out in the post-game thread last night, Letang is a stellar five-on-five player. Everybody disses him on the PP, and yes he definitely is way too hesitant to shoot the puck when we set him up for the one timer, but Letang would be fine as the fifth option on the PP if we went with the four forwards model. He's struggling there this year, and Martin is definitely outplaying him on the PP, but I don't trust Martin to continue his current level of play.

Trade Letang and keep Martin (medium term)? Hell no.
I don't know if anyone here is drinking the Orpik kool-aid.