View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
That's why I brought it up. Adding a $6+ salary to it for two years isnt their style since the new ownership took over. That coupled with having to sign the guys I mentioned, Im not sure they'd really be interested in Briere. Whether the actual contract itself going way down makes him attractive to them, we shall see. If he were a UFA, that would make a lot more sense.

It'd be a great fit though. Not so much every shift but they'll need a scoring punch in the playoffs and he's proven.
The contract isn't really an issue for the Blues; we can afford $5m over 2 years for someone like Brière, it just means that McDonald wouldn't be back. The cap hit isn't an issue either, even with Brière's $6.5m hit, we'd still likely only be around $58m against the cap after resigning our RFA's with a few depth spots to fill.

I just don't see us giving up anything significant to get Brière. Maybe with the emergence of Jaškin we see Rattie as expendable, but I'd be surprised.

If it is a situation where the Flyers need to move Brière for cap reasons, then the market of teams he waive for and can afford his caphit is going to be very small. I think we'll be trying to get him on the cheap, a second or something around that.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote