Thread: Salary Cap: The Free Agents
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Short term thinking my friend. Chances are we get him for under $3 M, and I don't like it either if we have to pay more, but we can't let Leddy walk. I think Q has him pegged as his project, and has hopes of him becoming another Keith.
Isn't the short term thinking what you guys do when you talk about our core aging? You are one of the main supporters of going all out and going for it in the next 2-3 years, and even this year.

If we lose Bolland in the next year or two, you can say goodbye to a chance at a cup for another 3+ years, because we don't have anyone to replace what Bolland can do in the playoffs. Not Kruger, not Danault, and not Shaw.

Leddy is more expendable than Bolland, we are deep as **** at D and thin as hell at C. What Leddy does for us right now, can be easily replaced in the free agent market. What he can do in 3-5 years is a different story obviously.

I love it though, in trade threads where Hawks give up Bolland, everyone was saying, we can't give up Bolland, best shutdown C in the NHL, we are thin at C, etc...etc..

Now, he is expendable and isn't worth what we pay him. This board I tell ya.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote