Thread: Value of: Deryk Engelland
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:38 AM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan68 View Post
Interesting proposal. Would the Stars want more for a good vet? The Pens would be gaining one need (a physical top 6 forward) but losing what I feel is something we're missing (physical defensive dman). Engo is good in his role and on a great contract.

I'd try to get Morrow for something else, but if JN demanded Engo I'd really have to think about it. I think if we did it, we'd have to go out and get someone to replace him (O'byrne comes to mind who I'd like to see here anyway).
Dallas would probably consider giving more for a guy with longer term or a bigger role. I'm assuming you're referring to Orpik since Martin has looked so good. I don't think they'd offer much more (Dallas still has two more 3rd round picks), but Engo is the type of a guy I think they'd prefer.

I think they're happy with Robidas, Daley, and Dillon. They like Rome, but he's out for 3 to 6 weeks. The rest of the D are greatly inconsistent, but Goligoski is much better lately ... still not where he was though.

Morrow seems to be the obvious guy to move, but it's hard to find a place that makes sense for him to waive his NTC. The Pens are a no-brianer. The other problem is it would probably need to be for D help now which is also why the Pens make some since.

New Jersey could work, but I'd be disappointed in a return of Tallinder.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote