View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:49 AM
clearwater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin794 View Post
He has become a solid two way player this year.

What he has improved

-Skating/Puck Handling: He doesn't look as clumsy with the puck this year. Seems more comfortable with the puck on his stick.

-Defense: He just seems to be in the right postion most of the time and gives up the body to block shots.

-Offense: He's gone from 7 goals, 20 points and -9 in the last 2 years to 20 goals, 45 points, and +12 this year. The biggest possible upside to Justin is his offense, IF he can utilize his size.

What he still needs to work on

-Using his size: Alot of the time it just looks like he seems to forget the size he has and doesn't use it.

-Faceoffs: Just needs to start winning more of them

Overall I'd say I could see him as a 3rd line guy who plays solid D, but who can also chip in with the occasional point when needed at the next level. Just a good depth piece on a team.
I couldn't agree with you more, you are right on with Kea. He needs to work on his faceoffs, he loses 90% and the line never starts with puck control. He needs to also improve his vision and puck moving, holds onto it to long when his wingers are open. I also see him strickley as a third line shut down defensive centreman.