View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The attitude thing comes from Team Canada coaches who had him at TWO inbternational tournaments.

I never said he had BAD IQ, just slightly above average while Drouin's is the best in the draft from what many scouts are saying.

What I would want from MacKinnon that he currently doesn't have...or I haven't seen in 15-20 viewings is the ability to see the whole ice at a high level, like Crosby did. He will score goals of his own at the pro level but won't turn a 20 goal scorer into a 30 goal scorer, he profiles more as a #2 center or #1 line winger than elite #1 center.
I might even say that Mac has a better hockey IQ than Drouin.

Thing is, he has that ability but he's not that type of player just yet. He's young (6 months younger than Droudrou) and it will come. He plays a really intense game and over the years he had success by himself, he'll see that at a higher level of play you rely on your teammates a lot more and that's when he'll become that dangerous threat.

Don't you find it kind of sad that you pencil Drouin in a 1st line player and Mackinnon in a second line C when Mackinnon is younger and has the better career Q numbers ?

You're all in love with Drouin (rightly so. He's incredible.) but you forget about what Mack has done and about what he could(will.) do. Drouin is now the flavour of the month prospect, we get it but there's a whole world of prospect out there.