View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:01 PM
DenverHabsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree completely (also a Ryder fan), I hated him for signing with the Bruins but it was obvious why, Julien knew how to get the most out of him while Carbo would rather play Kostopoulos on the top line. And Ryder, while still only very good at one thing, is a more mature player than he was back then.

But seriously, there's a whole narrative against Ryder entirely because of paper airplane-gate. But that's how things work in Montreal, and I'm sure Therrien and Bergevin made sure he was willing to return before making this trade.
Unfortunately, that's our fanbase. Just read all the posts since last night joking about airplanes and bringing back Dagenais and other ex-Habs. Ryder is a solid, above-average player in the league and he's on a very reasonable contract. There is no rule that says a player is banned for life once he leaves the team. Another thing that I keep reading that bugs me is that we're "getting smaller again". Crying out loud, the guys is 6', 200 lbs and hard to move in front of the net. What more do people want?

Then another criticism was "why rock the boat? we're 1st!!!". Guess what? We only have TWO wins against our division! And the most recent loss against the Sens was a good example that we need a garbage guy like Ryder to give us that extra goal when the game is tied. I'm so glad to see that MB is willing to preemptively improve the team regardless of recent success.

Regardless of that trade, a week from now, we could be a bubble team again so I would rather have a GM who's not too complacent.

DenverHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote