View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
EASILY? I'm not really sure how one would reach that conclusion.

Aside from Kreider's playoff scoring touch, Just seeing what I have from the two players in my opinion I think Hagelin will end up being the better player long term

-he seems like he is more capable of playing all 3 zones better than kreider
-I didn't see either player in college, but Hagelins stats look better
-Kreider has the physical tools, but still seems a little too timid mucking it up.
-Hagelin seems like a player that could slip onto any of the 4 lines where I think Kreider has to be used in a top 6 role
- I think if Kreider puts it together he COULD be the better pure scorer, but I think Hagelins all around game will be better
Hagelin is playing with great confidence and is playing well in all three zones. CK on the other hand is tentative and therefore not playing very well. However, after a fast start last year Hags went through a pretty big slump where many on this board were questioning whether he was truly NHL ready.

Long term I think Kreids is the better player due to his size and superior shot. Also, in college CK was a much better passer that we are seeing and better than Hags. Give him time and we will have a very good player on our hands; if Torts doesn't destroy him to the point where he needs a change of scenery.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote