View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:34 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
As for your second comment, I believe you forgot a few names that we could trade that would net us something interesting: Paul Martin, Brooks Orpik, Matt Niskanen, Deryk Engelland, Chris Kunitz, Brandon Sutter, Matt Cooke and Pascal Dupuis.

I don't see why any of those guys would be untouchable right about now.
RE: bolded, aren't you one of the ones most vocal about wanting toughness in this lineup? Why would you then list our only legitimate fighter as a piece that could draw interest?

Also, the way he's currently playing, I don't think it makes any sense at all to deal Martin this season. IF you want to explore a trade in the summer, when Shero has a better chance to replace him via free agency, trade, or whatever, that's one thing. But you don't trade your #1 defenseman (and that's what he currently is, especially with Letang being a bonehead recently) in the middle of the season.

IMO, the only guys on your list that I wouldn't mind parting with if it was necessary to land that top six winger, would be Cooke, Dupuis, Niskanen, and maybe Orpik. Losing Kunitz means we'd still have a hole in the top six, and losing Martin or Engelland I covered above. Sutter, I simply don't see being moved since he was Shero's "saving face" acquisition in the Staal deal.