View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:37 PM
SidTheKid8787

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
The more I see this team play, the more I think the Pens should be all-in with regards to Jarome Iginla. He's exactly what this team needs, both in terms of his ability and his veteran presence.

This team almost plays as though it misses that veteran presence, like Guerin when he came over, like when Gary Roberts was acquired. I think Iginla could be that guy. And unlike Roberts and Guerin, I think Iginla's still got top line ability to boot.

IMO, there's not a more perfect target out there in terms of all of our needs, not just the need to find a scoring top six winger.
I agree but it's just the asking price. People think it would be low, others think it would be high, etc.

I don't think theres any question he'd waive his NTC to come here. 2 or 3 more years chasing a cup with Sid is probably something he'd like to do but it all depends on Feaster.

The one thing RS has is a plethora of young promising D prospects.
Of them, the one i'd hate to lose the most is Harrington personally.
I have to imagine Depres is brought up alot and Morrow in potential deals.

Then theres probably teams wanting help immediately with guys like Nisky, Orpik, Engelland etc. I imagine theres even teams inquring about Martin with the way he is playing.

If RS really wants the phone to ring off the hook he should let it slip Letang may be on the market after his play this year...he could probably land anyone he wants then