View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Rocko604

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
The Dub in Chilliwack is dead for now. There is such an acrimonious relationship between the BCHL Chiefs ownership and the WHL for what went on 2 years ago.
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for the WHL to return to Chilliwack any time soon, if ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSPounder View Post
If NHL to Seattle happens, or even threatens to happen, there's an effect all over the US Division. If Vancouver takes over Abbotsford (which creates a NHL Seattle-puts-AHL-in-Everett temptation), doubly so. AHL has been whispered (if not discussed in the media) in Portland BY Winterhawks staff, so there's all sorts of possibilities for change going forward.
I can't see a threat of NHL-in-Seattle having much of an effect on the US Division. Even if it did happen, I one of the few who thinks both the T-Birds and Tips would survive.

As for the AHL, it's not even worth speculating unless the Heat leave Abbotsford, the Canucks buy the Wolves (or another AHL franchise) and move them to Abby, and Seattle ends up buying their own AHL affiliate. Even then, Seattle would have to find space in Everett or Portland for their AHL team and that can't happen unless the Tips or Hawks somehow disappear.

Rocko604 is online now   Reply With Quote