Thread: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Slick Rick 61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Assuming your best players can rebound and actually be your best players is a slippery slope toward the dark ages? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Rookies are expected to be inconsistent, but being inconsistent implies that you actually show some variance in your sample. Kreider has actually shown consistently that he's not ready for the NHL. At least Miller has shown he can create some offense. Kreider has done nothing. I'm not expecting him to carry the team, or even be a consistent factor in the play. I just want the kid to show that he belongs. He hasn't done that this season.

If you want to spoon-feed time to rookies who haven't earned it, then "more power to you".
We are the minority, but I'm with you 100%. I've yet to see Kreider take advantage of the wheels he has. I understand the whole "his offensive game is based on playing with talent" argument. I really do. But my issue has NOTHING to do with his offense. That hooking penalty last night was completely lazy and unnecessary. He was in position, and simply had to skate with Jokinen. The shift where Winnipeg was pressuring, and Kreider was running around the defensive zone, too.

He's not ready. At all.