View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
It's undeniable that the team performed better when BB was scratched. Obviously, there are plenty of variables. But the fact that the team was on a streak (against a tougher schedule) and then for no real reason Torts re-inserted the big black hole, one has to ask why mess with a good thing.
Tougher schedule? The Islanders, the Lightning (riding a 3 game losing streak), and the Bruins (should be and was a tough game) were the teams they played. How is that a tougher schedule? It's nice to see it's not just stats you're immune to. It's logic of any kind.

Quote:
btw, stat boy, why do scouts ever bother to go and see players? They should just study their Corsi, right? Your arguments are a joke. The kind that makes nobody laugh. What's that sound? It's your screen refreshing with the latest Corsi. Hurry up and take today's hockey lesson. Since there's no need to actually watch the players play.
Quote:
btw, stat boy, why do scouts ever bother to go and see players? They should just study their Corsi, right?
Why do you think management studies stats?

I have never said that information can't be gained from watching the games. That's a ridiculous thought and a strawman argument. Something can be gained from both. Unlike you, however, my opinions from watching the game are never in so much conflict with evidence.

I think it would be appropriate for a fan to completely ignore statistical evidence if they fit all the following critiera:

1. Watch all 82 games.
2. Have a strong grasp of what drives winning and losing.
3. Have an ability to interpret what they are seeing without any bias.

I don't know any people that do, however.

Quote:
What's that sound? It's your screen refreshing with the latest Corsi.
The process you are describing is silent.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote