View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
RE: bolded, aren't you one of the ones most vocal about wanting toughness in this lineup? Why would you then list our only legitimate fighter as a piece that could draw interest?

Also, the way he's currently playing, I don't think it makes any sense at all to deal Martin this season. IF you want to explore a trade in the summer, when Shero has a better chance to replace him via free agency, trade, or whatever, that's one thing. But you don't trade your #1 defenseman (and that's what he currently is, especially with Letang being a bonehead recently) in the middle of the season.

IMO, the only guys on your list that I wouldn't mind parting with if it was necessary to land that top six winger, would be Cooke, Dupuis, Niskanen, and maybe Orpik. Losing Kunitz means we'd still have a hole in the top six, and losing Martin or Engelland I covered above. Sutter, I simply don't see being moved since he was Shero's "saving face" acquisition in the Staal deal.
I reluctantly included Engelland. I would prefer not to deal for the exact reasons you mentioned. But if someone insists, I would have to move him out.

Put another way, I'd rather part with him than a younger defenseman because we still don't know what the younger defenseman will become here.

As for the rest, I'd still deal Kunitz if it meant landing an Iginla, Perry or Kessel. Winger for winger. Then just let Bennett play.

As for Sutter, again if it can get us an impact winger, just use Jeffrey in his stead.