Thread: Player Discussion: Chris Kreider
View Single Post
02-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Slick Rick 61 View Post
We are the minority, but I'm with you 100%. I've yet to see Kreider take advantage of the wheels he has. I understand the whole "his offensive game is based on playing with talent" argument. I really do. But my issue has NOTHING to do with his offense. That hooking penalty last night was completely lazy and unnecessary. He was in position, and simply had to skate with Jokinen. The shift where Winnipeg was pressuring, and Kreider was running around the defensive zone, too.

He's not ready. At all.
Hopefully one day people will realize that this will be a good thing for Kreider's development. Torts is chomping at the bit to send this kid down and get more minutes, but he cant do it because of the injuries.

The people that are pining not only for Kreider to stay up, but to get more minutes on the top lines are completely out to lunch. Unless you're a top notch goal scorer, players need to have a complete game to compete in the NHL night in and night out. All this whining about putting Kreider on the top line so his offense can shine is useless if he continues to make mistake after mistake on the defensive side of the puck. It would actually cheat his development more than anything.