View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:59 PM
AllAboutAvs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I did think about it and it's still dumb.

He played with O'Brien early in the year, and neither one of them were any good. Pretty much when EJ went down, and Barrie finally started to shine he's been with Hejda.

Why break that up? Instead of letting Barrie continue to be the puck carrier and do what he's been doing well the last few games, now he's partnered with a guy much worse defensively than Hejda, and also a guy who wants to play Bobby Orr all the time himself.

When a kid like Barrie finally starts feeling comfortable you don't start testing him to see if he'll be comfortable with someone else and risk getting him out of rhythm. You keep his confidence high, and keep him in a position to succeed rather than fail.

It was as terrible idea, and it clearly didn't work. Let Orr'Brien play with a defensive guy to cover his ass, and keep Barrie clicking on the teams best D pairing.
Yeah but as you said it was earlier in the year. Barrie didn't have a lot of confidence at the time. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do. Just saying it gives Sacco a different look at Barrie. I for one was happy to see he could still be the same player with somebody else.

AllAboutAvs is offline   Reply With Quote