View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Let's assume where there is smoke, there's fire with potential Buff and Hainsey trade rumors.

Once Toby is back, would you like the following deals?

1. Buff to Philly for:
Voracek+Gervais+2013 1st rd pick

2. Hainsey to Blues for:
2013 1st rd pick (blues)

3. Antropov to ?? for pick(s).

4. Wellwood to ?? for pick(s).

That would leave:

Kane/Burmi/Voracek
Ladd/Little/Wheeler
Wright/Jokinen/Peluso
Tangradi/Slater/Thorbs
Mittens

Toby/Bogo
Clitsome/Gervais
Stuart/Postma
Meech
and... maybe Trouba

Pavs/Montoya

And... multiple 1st rd picks in 2013 (three), and more later rd picks in 2013 or 2014. If the Jets do sign Trouba, to join the team this spring, then I think I might be okay with these types of moves, though our D is pretty thin. Though, Buff has been in and out of the line-up. No guarantees he stays healthy during a playoff push, either.

Thoughts?
Voracek is top 10 in NHL scoring and I don't think he's even any older than Kane? I'd probably do it from a value standpoint, but it would be a move better suited for the off-season IMO. Philly would be looking to give up picks, maybe some prospects instead of their already NHL calibre, improving youth

Hainsey for the 1st I'd do.

Antro I'd trade if a 2nd or 3rd was coming back but otherwise he is making our team better, I'd resign him if we can't get a pick in the top 3 rounds for him.

I was in the Semin value thread in the trade rumour forums, I'd prefer to take a swing at the fences UFA than trade away Buff just because Trouba is looking good in college.

IMO Buff + overpaid but top liner in Semin > Voracek, Gervais and the pick with a UFA defense signing.

Then there's that whole ROR thing lol