View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
He coached his AHL team to the longest winning streak in the history of hockey, a team by all means not the most skilled but that played the best team hockey in the minors. Cooper has jumped through the hockey world pretty quickly, winning wherever he's gone.

His team is currently #1 in the AHL again, despite losing its leading scorer from last year in Conacher and Aulie being on the main team.

He's a former lawyer that got involved in coaching youth hockey and got so hooked he coached professionally... simply put he's perhaps one of the most intelligent coaches to rise up the ranks of late. He's not at all remotely stuck in his ways like ex-players are that turn into coaches and his players love him.

A young team like ours that needs structure and a coach which can instill some confidence in them would flourish under Cooper. I highly doubt he'd cost the Avs a big salary if we gave him a shot in the NHL and if you ask any TBL fan, they'd swap him for Boucher in a nanosecond given the chance.

Unfortunately the Avs are too set in their ways to make a move like this.
He also appears to be a master tactician, which Sacco most certainly is not.

I don't think you necessarily have to be a tactician to succeed as an NHL coach (I don't think a guy like Dan Bylsma is, for instance) but Sacco's inability to make any sort of in-game adjustments is one of many reasons why I want him gone. Thing is, I want his boss and his boss's boss gone as well...but that's asking for too much.