Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
Today I went to the Monkey Sports Superstore about 20 miles from my house, holy crap, first time I legitimately felt like a kid in a candy store. Amazing store to say the least. They even have a net set up in the back of the store with 50+ different sticks on the shelf for you to try each one before you buy it.

I went in to buy one of those Messier Project helmets since I've taken a couple hits in the past year that left me a little dazed with headaches for a couple hours and figured no matter the cost, your head is worth it.

I was also interested in some sticks not that I needed them, I only have 2 spares left and I like to usually have a handful. I saw they had some Easton 65S Stealth sticks for $60 a piece, which is what I usually spend on sticks, so I picked up 4 of those. The ridiculous selection of everything they have also had me interested in a new pair of gloves since my old gloves didn't protect the pinky well which has taken quite the bit of abuse at face offs. I bought a black pair of Bauer Vapor X7.0s. I didn't want to spend that much but it was by far the best fitting glove they had there and the padding wraps around the outside of the pinky.

Lastly, I picked up one of those green biscuits after reading some good reviews here and it works very well. Pretty excited to play tomorrow after scoring a hat trick this morning.